Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• uiskibum 11 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 23:52
    uiskibum

4.5.1 Upgrade - Tree Problems

I made the upgrad to 4.5.1 and I have ran into two issues

1. None of my content shows up in the Content Section tree

2. Right clicking in the tree (any section) does not bring up a context menu.

Overall I'm stumped on this one.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 00:12
    Stefan Kip

From the following page, http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/about/roadmap/umbraco-45/upgrading-to-umbraco-45:

• You might get the "empty trees" symptom after upgrading: when you log into the Umbraco backend, you only see the top level nodes in each section at the top ("Content", "Media", "Developer", etc.). This can have a few causes:
    1. After you downloaded the new release, the zip file was blocked by your browser, this means that some potentially dangerous files are not unzipped when you use the default Windows unzip utility. You can fix this by right-clicking on the downloaded file, choose "Properties" and disable the "blocked" checkbox. Now you can unzip the files again.
    2. Permissions. Always double and triple check if the permissions were not overwritten. It happens, a lot!
    3. The AjaxControlToolkit.dll is not necessary for Umbraco 4.5 any more, but an old version that still is in your /bin folder will cause the empty trees to appear, move it away.
  • uiskibum 11 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 00:14
    uiskibum

thanks for the reply.  I ended up recycling the app pool in IIS and things "sprung back to life"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft