Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 16:39
    Rik Helsen

backend 'empty' after migrating 4.5.1 from staging to live server

I wanted to migrate a website to our production server and ended up with an empty backend:

The front-end of the website is loading normally...

any ideas?

Jul 30, 2010 @ 16:49
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 16:53
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 17:23
    Rik Helsen

nothing solves it so far :/

* emptied ClientDependency folder

* recycled apppool

* checked permissions on windows/temp folder (gave full control for a while)

* no "blocked" files for as far as i can soo

* everything works fine on our staging environment

* front-end loads like a charm

* backend doesn't load nodes.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 18:20
    Morten Bock

Try using firebug (or similar) to view the background requests being made for javascript and so on. One of them is probably throwing an exception that might give a bit more info on what the problem is.

Aug 02, 2010 @ 09:29
    Rik Helsen

no javascript errors on the page ?

one post and one get happens in the background each time i refresh the backend:

http://aviapartner.orbitone.com/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData - throws an error:

if i change the last / to a ? so (i believe) the url is formatted correctly:

http://aviapartner.orbitone.com/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=194da7e60f0a47fe8ec0e064a9151813&id=-1&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=member&rnd2=97 returns a download that contains only two brackets [ ]

Aug 02, 2010 @ 09:44
    Rik Helsen

I checked the behaviour of TreeDataService.ashx on the working website, and there it returns a set of sections. after the move to the production environment it simply stopped returning data. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

GetInitAppTreeData's behaviour seems identical on a working copy of the website

Aug 02, 2010 @ 11:53
    Rik Helsen

only known difference is that the productionserver is 64bit, compared to the staging that is 32bit...

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 22:43
    skiltz

Did you figure this out?  I have same issue on the same pc after changing ip address and moving the folder to a different directory.  I spent a lot of hours trying to debug and basically gave up.  To fix I downloaded a new version of 4.5.1 then copied over my custom dll, usercontrols, media and then all worked again, still don't know the issue would love to what causes it.

Aug 03, 2010 @ 13:26
    Rik Helsen

I just performed a clean install on my server (4.5.1) and i'm getting identical issues (clean database, freshly downloaded files for umbraco, not a line of customisation...)

still no nodes in the backend.

• Lars Mortensen 90 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 15:35
    Lars Mortensen

Are you placing the files on a file share?

I have the same issue, and if I copy the files to a local drive it runs without probs :/

and its not very pratical to have them placed lokal, when using failover IIS :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft