Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ramakrishna 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 07:42
    Ramakrishna

Regarding Umbraco 4.5.1

I installed umbraco v 4.0.4.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3811.17115) on my system but it takes root directory as its installation folder bcoz of this  i am un able to run remaining my all virtual direcory websites(it is using wwwroot web.confing file)

i need to know that Umbraco 4.5.1 is running on virtual direcory like all other websites

i downloaded Umbraco 4.5.1(.net 3.5) now i need to Upgrade or Clean and fresh install

My doubts:

1) if i go with Upgrade it is still using wwwroot web.confing? and it is still there in root folder? and it is not using virtula direcory concept too?

2)if i go with Clean and fresh installation it is supports virtual direcory concept or not?

i dont know how to install 4.5.1 i tried on google(umbraco and codeflex) i didnt get installation guide if possible plz give me the path it is very much useful to me and others too

if i go with clean installation i need to remove existing umbrao or not?

plz answer my questions ASAP if u provide installation guide it is very much useful to me and others

tanku.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 08:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I did a video on how to install Umbraco 4.0.x but it's really the same for 4.5. I am not sure if 4.5.1 completely works in a virtual directory yet though. I prefer to run it as a seperate site for my projects anyway.

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 08:45
    Eran Meir

as i remember, umbraco don't run on virtual directory

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft