Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry Sampson 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 22:52
    Barry Sampson

New install 4.5.1 with Empty nodes

My issue seems closely related to this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10747-Umbraco-45-and-empty-tree-nodes-in-shared-hosting. ; I am a newbie though, so in case mine is a basic user error, I thought I would start a new thread.

First I tried to install Umbraco using the Web Installer.  I couldn't get things to work (sorry, I don't even remember what the problem was anymore).  I uninstalled everything I could see and went for a manual install.

Setup:
    Fresh install of Windows XP SP3
    IIS 5.1
    SQL Server 2005 Express
    .NET 4

During manual installation, everything goes smoothly until I get to the option of installing Runway.  If I try this option, I get the error at the bottom of the post.  If I don't install runway, I don't get any errors, but my nodes are empty.  If I get install runway, and get the error, the end result is the same, empty nodes.

I've seen other mention the version of System.Web.Extensions that is installed in the c:\windows\assembly folder.  I have 2 different versions: 3.5.0.0 and 1.0.61025.

I can use a different OS, this is just what was readily available to do some testing.  Should I start over with a Windows Vista, 7, or a Server version?

Thanks,
    Barry

Error when installing Runway:

Server Error in '/umbraco' Application.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +2252153
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +72
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.DataType(Guid DataTypeId) +63
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() +105
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +617
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.addProperty(PropertyType pt, Guid versionId) +78
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +457
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +319
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) +687
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) +602
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +5926
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.boost.btNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +326
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 09:02
    jivan thapa

i have also same problem. windows 7(32 bit) iis 7

• Marco Sinigaglia 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 11:31
    Marco Sinigaglia

Same problem in windows 7(32bit)

• Alan 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 00:50
    Alan

Same problem in Windows 7(32 bit)...

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 16, 2010 @ 05:58
    Shannon Deminick

Try this, just came across this and it is very annoying.

Different versions of CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll will make all your trees show up completely empty without error/warning/logs, etc...

The one that is shipped with Umbraco (the one that works) is

The one (that i've tested now) that BREAKS all trees but doesn't tell you why is:

The strangest part about this is that I have no idea what inside of Umbraco actually uses this library and it's definitely not the tree services or apis. Not sure how CookComputing kills it but it really sux since I've just wasted about 4 hrs trying to figure out why suddenly things stopped working and debugging reveales no real issues.

Anwyays, hope this helps someone out there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft