Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Natasha Hughes 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 10:25
    Natasha Hughes

Problem with Fasthosts

Hello!

We have been using Umbraco on a site hosted with Fasthosts for 18 months with absolutely no problems and within the last week we have found that any changes made on Umbraco do not show on the website. If you preview then everything is fine, but when you visit the website no changes have been made. It seems like there is a problem with the communication between Umbraco and Fasthosts but we're having no luck in getting to the bottom of the issue.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before?

Any ideas?

Natasha.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 11:54
    Tim

Is it just changes to content that aren't showing, or is it changes to things like templates as well?

Have you had a look in the umbracoLog table in the database to see if there's any useful information in there?

Off the top of my head, it could be a permissions issue to do with the umbraco.config file in /data, if the system can't write to that file, content changes won't show up.

• Natasha Hughes 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 14:16
    Natasha Hughes

Thank you very much for replying!

I haven't tried anything to do with templates. I can change the URL of a page, but not the content.

Is that something I need access to the FTP to look at? Still waiting for Fasthosts to sort out the log in, so hopefully once I can log in I'll be able to make more sense of what's going on.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 15:44
    Tim

Thats odd. Does the URL update on the front end too?

To check the umbracoLog table, you'll need to connect to the sql database for the site. If you don't have SQL server, you can conect to the database using either Visual Studio, or the free SQL Manager tool you can download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=08E52AC2-1D62-45F6-9A4A-4B76A8564A2B&displaylang=en the connection details for the database are in the web.config file.

Once you've got ftp access, go into the /data folder and look at the modified date for the umbraco.config file there. If it doesn't update when you publish a new page, then its the permissions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft