Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Warren 48 posts 68 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 16:07
    Eric Warren

4.5.1 Installing Incorrectly

So this is my second attempt to install Umbraco on a Virtual Directory.  Here is a screen shot.  I know this is has some errors so i want to try and diagnose the problem before installing.  I have read about the unzipping problem.  I know when i unzipped the folder there was a file (App_Browsers\Form.browser) that says there are duplicates. And ask if i want to replace them.  Anybody have any other suggestion.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 16:24
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Eric,

if you hadn't written that it's in a Virtual Directory I'd have said it's definitely permissions issues. Just to be 100% sure I'd suggest you check that part. If you are using IIS7 it's the NETWORK SERVICE which needs permissions (if you haven't tinkered with the app pool), in IIS7.5 it's the IIS AppPools\[your-app-pool-name] by default. As I said might well be the virtual directory, however my first install of 4.5.1 on Windows 7 looked exactly the same because I didn't know about the hidden IIS AppPools identity.

Cheers,
    Sascha

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 16:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I had the same problem, you have to set your permissions to allow IIS_IUSRS (and/or network service) to be able to write to the folder and subfolders in which you're installing umbraco.

That being said: working in a virtual directory is painful. For example: normally you would be able to reference your css file by "/css/styles.css". But because you are in a virtual directory, you are referencing "http://localhost/css/styles.css" which doesn't exist. Instead you need to point to "http://localhost/yourdir/css/styles.css".

But then you have to update everything once you deploy to test, acceptance and production environments.

This is obviously also a problem for javascript and references to images.

Aug 04, 2010 @ 22:42
    Eric Warren

Ok so I just scratched the whole virtual directory thing.  I just installed 4.5.1 in my root and everything went well. The only this is when I go to the Content section and select a page to edit i get the following. 

Aug 04, 2010 @ 22:51
    Eric Warren

I also get the following error when trying to create an Xslt

Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\4928304\html\\App_Code' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\4928304\html\\App_Code' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Hosting\4928304\html\\App_Code' is denied.]
       System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +7714255
       System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity) +7567177
       System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity) +150
       System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +6
       umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() +2592

[Exception: Could not load App_Code classes for XSLT extensions.]
       umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() +2703
       umbraco.macro.AddXsltExtensionsToHeader(String xslt) +133
       umbraco.XsltTasks.Save() +721
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +597
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +48
       umbraco.presentation.create.xslt.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +314
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4049

Aug 04, 2010 @ 23:13
    Eric Warren

Well I seemed to have figured it out.  For the content section I add read write permission on the App_Data folder.  For the Second Issue I just created a App_Code folder and gave it read write permissions.  Everything Seems to be working great know.  Thanks for your help

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 00:02
    Adam Shallcross

Are you adding this on a web server, or in windows XP locally?

If you are adding locally to Windows XP, you could use http://iisadmin.codeplex.com/ so you wouldnt have to add it to a virtual directory.

You can create more than one website at the root of IIS...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft