Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter 89 posts 160 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 19:29
    Peter

The name 'GetLegacyIActionJavascript' does not exist in the current context

Though this was highlighted in Visual Studio, it seem to run no problems, now after adding a piece of media and reloading the page, it threw the error... 

this is on a upgraded project to v4.5.1

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'GetLegacyIActionJavascript' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 60:     <%#GetLegacyIActionJavascript()%>

Source File: d:\My Developments\UMBRACO\v4.5.1_for_net_3_5\build\umbraco\controls\Tree\TreeControl.ascx    Line: 60 

any ideas? help! :(

Aug 04, 2010 @ 22:48
    Peter

Full exception .. 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: HttpParseException 
        Exception message: d:\My Developments\UMBRACO\v4.5.1_for_net_3_5\build\umbraco\controls\Tree\TreeControl.ascx(60): error CS0103: The name 'GetLegacyIActionJavascript' does not exist in the current context 

Request information: 
        Request URL: http://localhost/umbraco/default.aspx 
        Request path: /umbraco/default.aspx 
        User host address: ::1 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  
        Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\Umbraco4.5.1 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 24 
        Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\Umbraco4.5.1 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
       at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapIntegratedHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig, Boolean convertNativeStaticFileModule)
       at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm)

• Bram Loquet 72 posts 102 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 09:51
    Bram Loquet

got the same problem,
    copying the 4.5.1 bin folder from the download once again did the trick for me

Aug 08, 2010 @ 20:17
    Peter

Thanks Bram, I did that and it enabled me to get back in, but when trying to media it errors again.

So it's not really a solution. :( 

Aug 19, 2010 @ 15:18
    Bram Loquet

on a win2008 server I don't get the GetLegacyIActionJavascript but now I get an empty tree.
    treeWindow_content stays empty without any javascript errors :(

Aug 19, 2010 @ 15:47
  • Yovav Gad 41 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 12, 2010 @ 00:46
    Yovav Gad

I'm getting the same error

Error 393 The name 'GetLegacyIActionJavascript' does not exist in the current context c:\Projects_IGT.com\Umbraco\Web\umbraco\controls\Tree\TreeControl.ascx 60 

trying to compile the the whole thing with Umbraco/umbraco folder in it...

Any ideas ?

Oct 12, 2010 @ 10:33
    Bram Loquet

What server are you running on?
    We got this problem on a new Win2008Server and we solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling IIS7 again.

Hope this will help you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft