Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Radley 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 08, 2010 @ 02:24
    John Radley

Install Page different for IIS on Win 7/64 compared to Cassini

Hi,

Ive downloaded 4.5.1 for Net 3.5 and installed on my Win 7/64 bit laptop with Cassini
    Browsing to the initial page the Thank you page opens in centre and the Next button is on the Right,

Installing into the IIS on the laptop with the Website correctly set to .Net2 and configured as an App, the Thank you page opens, but this time the Next button is on the left, and it does not push, and there is what looks like progress bar vibrating. And that's as far as I get.
    Any one know what's wrong

thanks

John

Aug 08, 2010 @ 02:37
    John Radley

OK, I found it. I missed the Network Service and IIS_IUSER permissions step.
    I set the parent to Full Control.

I wonder what the post install permissions are, 'cos I've got to do it manually on each dir, when I get to Hosting it

John

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 08, 2010 @ 02:50
    Sascha Wolter

Hi John,

here is a range of docs on this matter, you should find what you are looking for in one of these docs:
    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup.

The IUSR_{servername} usually needs only read permissions on the root folder. The application pool identity (which might be set to network service however the default is IIS AppPools\{your-app-pool-name} on Win7/IIS7.5) will require full control over specific folders like Xslt, Umbraco, CSS etc (there should be a complete list when you follow the link above).

Regards,
    Sascha

Aug 08, 2010 @ 13:09
    John Radley

Hi Sascha,
    Thanks for info. I've now got it installed and working on Cassini, IIS in Win7, and on my shared hosting provider.
    Now on to the next set of problems.......

thanks
    John

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft