Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sajid Riaz 142 posts 165 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 21:45
    Sajid Riaz

Umbraco content page is unstructured

Hi I ftp'd umbraco 4.5.1 file to host installed db but when i view the content page its shown as follows:

when i install on local machine all is ok. 

thanks

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 23:01
    Morten Bock

Looks like a permissions issue. Take a look at the source html (through firebug or similar) an check if some of the css/javascript referenced url's are throwing exceptions.

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 09:37
    Adam Shallcross

Definately looks like a file path issue, are you sure its not in a virtaul directory?

Aug 10, 2010 @ 10:30
    Sajid Riaz

Hi Adam,  Morten, thanx 4 yr reply.

I am a newbee to all this. can you advise me on how to check for javasscript exceptions when viewing source.

thanx

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 11:49
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Sajid,

I had exactly the same screen when I was denying Umbraco access to the folder /umbraco via a redirection (yeah, that went pretty bad, but hey! :).Could be that not even the IUSR has access to /umbraco?

I use mostly the awesome Firebug for JS debugging, it's an add-on for Firefox and you can find it here. However by now pretty much every browser has some kind of development environment where you can get the JS error messages and probably do a lot of other awesome stuff.

Hope that helps,
    Sascha

• Mike 21 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 12:23
    Mike

"Looks like a permissions issue. Take a look at the source html (through firebug or similar) an check if some of the css/javascript referenced url's are throwing exceptions."

A better solution must be that the Umbraco installation part gets better and indentify this and other permission issues and give the user a correct message of the problem, right?

Aug 10, 2010 @ 12:46
    Sajid Riaz

Hey Guys, thanx 4 yr replies.

I've checked the source via viewssource in chrome what am i looking for?  when u say url's are throwing exceptions.

thanx

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 13:13
    MartinB

I had something similar on my localhost.

What Sascha wrote is very likely your problem. That the IUSR doesn't have the rights to access some of the folders needed to load the backend stylesheet

Aug 10, 2010 @ 15:26
    Sajid Riaz

Hi everyone,

got the problem fixed. 

what I did was to download a new version of v4.5.1.  I also forgot to clear the unblock option on the zip file last time.

and extracted on local machine and re-ftp'd to my host.

all seems well now.

thanks 4 all who helped.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft