Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 21:53
    Connie DeCinko

Installing local copy - no pages found

I am trying to set up a local development copy of a live Umbraco site.  I copied the wwwroot down to my local machine. I change the web.config to point to the development SQL server.  If I navigate to localhost/umbraco/ I see my content nodes and content, although rather slowly.  If I navigate to localhost, I get a message about no pages being found and a screen trying to guide me to set up Umbraco for the first time.

Any ideas?

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 22:04
    Connie DeCinko

I did a republish on the entire site and now it seems to be working.  Is this a cache issue?  Is there something that needs to be flushed/rebuilt when copying/moving the site?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 22:55
    Morten Bock

I did a couple of deployments like that today. Copying the DB to a new server, and copying the files to a new IIS. I also had to do the "Republish entire site" trick to get it to pick up on the actual content.

So I guess it is by design. 

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 09:39
    Adam Shallcross

yes you would have to do this to update the local cache files, otherwise they are probably all pointing to the live version URL. It just needs a kick to rebuild the site.

We have the same issue when we work locally, then check in. We need to log onto the staging version and republish to update the cache on our dev servers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft