Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JacoboPolavieja 62 posts 84 karma points
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 01:54
    JacoboPolavieja

Umbraco configuration wizard not displaying correctly

Hello all,

I was trying to set up a second site on my machine (the first is "localhost" at "wwwroot", done through Web Platform).

This time I set up a second site ("umbracoprueba") manually, as well as the database and everything. All seemed to be going ok, until when I went to install I saw umbraco installation was displaying weirdly: http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5459/umbraconotdisplayingrig.png

I know some other people have had this problem but can't find the posts about it.

Anyway... I triple checked... the site is running onthe ASP.NET v4 pool with Integrated pipeline. It has the critical folders with permissions to "Servicio de red" which is the equivalent in Spanish to "network service", the path is ok, etc, etc...

The only difference I can see with this site relating to the other one set up by Web Platform is that the WPi's one has "ASP.NET V4.0" as a security user with privileges (and doesn't even have"network service" as such). I've tried to add the "ASP.NT v4.0" security user to my second site (umbracoprueba) but it says it can't find it.

I've also installed ASP.NET AJAX EXtensions just in case, although I've read umbraco doesn't depend on them. What can I be doing wrong? I can't continue with the installation meanwhile.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Aug 13, 2010 @ 01:58
    JacoboPolavieja

Oh, just in case... I did add "127.0.0.1 umbracoprueba" to the hosts file (and it in facts recognizes it as it reaches the installation phase) and, just for the sake of it, I run aspnet_regiis.exe . I can't think of anyting more I know of to be able to get to local sites.

I also tried not giving it an alias and just accessing it through the standard localhost:81 path... with teh same result: weird display.

So, it seems i is not problem with the naming but more with permissions o server.

Thanks for any hint you can give!

Aug 17, 2010 @ 09:40
    JacoboPolavieja

Finally found the problem...

After digging deeper to similar problems on the umbaco forum I tried and it succeed giving permissions to the "IIS_IUSRS" user.

Hope this can help anyone in the future ;).

Cheers!

• Andraž 45 posts 65 karma points
    Nov 24, 2010 @ 14:00
    Andraž

Hi Jacoba,

I have the same problem, could you tell more detailed what I should do?

Andra

• Ivan 139 posts 302 karma points
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 20:40
    Ivan

Hi Andra.

Just check that directory "App_Data" has read/write permissions granted to the Application Pool user used by the IIS website (usually Network Service).
    Also check that you have a directory called "TEMP" inside "App_Data".

That worked for me.

Good luck!
    Ivan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft