Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geiger 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 14, 2010 @ 22:51
    Geiger

Can't Install

I can't install Umbraco.  The Next button doesn't do anything.  Also the install page doesn't look normal.

• Dibar 92 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 14, 2010 @ 22:58
    Dibar

Reassert your security permissions.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2010 @ 23:22
    Morten Bock

Also, make sure that you "unblocked" the zip file before extracting it. If you unblock it now and overwrite the existing files, then you might need to do an IIS Reset to flush the cached "blocking" of certain dll's.

Aug 15, 2010 @ 16:45
    Geiger

All 34 bin files are copied with no problem.  I've made sure Network Service has Full Control of the directory (Windows 7 64 bit) and have run IISRESET numerous times.

Is it possible that it is a problem with Ajax?

Aug 15, 2010 @ 16:54
    Geiger

I FIGURED IT OUT!

It was a security issue that I didn't catch before because IIS 7 is a bit different that 6.  It seems it creates a unique user for each application pool.  I switched the application pool to use Network Service.  SUCCESS!

Thanks for sending me down the right road to fixing this.  Hopefully this post will help out the next guy.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 15, 2010 @ 17:51
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Geiger,

the alternative way is to set the permissions for the user 'IIS AppPools\{your-app-pool-name}' instead of the network service account. As using the AppPool identity is standard with IIS7.5 I guess that's the way forward.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft