Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Albert Jan Schelhaas 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 20:44
    Albert Jan Schelhaas

Installed 4.5.1 but admin does not see content

Hi,

I have just installed Umbraco 4.5.1 on a Windows 2008 server with the .NET 4.0 platform. When I browse the site the RunWay site is appears correctly. However when I access the admin part, no Content is shown. See image.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

AJS

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 21:46
    Kim Andersen

Hi Albert.

Have youn checked your log-file? Just to make sure that anything haven't gone wrong. Maybe your should try installing the Log Manager to check the log.

Otherwise, have your checked your permissions in the file system?

/Kim A

• Donald St. Martin 83 posts 128 karma points
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 23:23
    Donald St. Martin

Just to verify, you unblocked the zip file before extracting the files correct?

--
    Donald

Aug 26, 2010 @ 07:45
    Albert Jan Schelhaas

Hi Kim,

None of the the icons in the admin part of Umbraco shows anything. I understand that the Log Manager is installed in the admin part of Umbraco, I think the admin part should work correctly to get the Log Manager to work.

A query on the database shows many errors. Some are permissions related ( permissions on App_Data and app_code are not OK) and the last errors (during the admin login) are:

logComment 
    At /umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData (Referred by: http://umbraco3.schelhaas.eu/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): ;

Albert Jan

Aug 26, 2010 @ 07:49
    Albert Jan Schelhaas

Hi Donald,

I understand that unblock should be performed when the zip files is about to be extracted using the Windows built-in zip app.

Since I'm using 7Zip, I think the unblocking is useless.

Albert Jan

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:21
    Kim Andersen

Albert, if you do have some errors regarding permissions, I'd suggest fixing this. The problem you describe with the frontend working fine, but nothing vissible in the backoffice sounds like some permission-issues. So please try to set the right permissions on the folders you mentioned, and maybe even the whole website-folder, just to see if this solves the problem.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft