Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 03:28
    Kevon K. Hayes

UMB 4.5.2 Cannot Save User - Check Log

UMB Experts,

Today I migrated my Dev Environment from SVR A to SVR B. All worked fine until I tried to update a user from Administrator to Editor I got:

ERROR SAVING USER (Check Log)

In a failed attempt to solve this problem, I removed the existing dbo user from the my Umbraco database and created another user as dbo.  Still nothing. So I ran SQL Profiler to see what was happening and it looks like this particular statement being executed to update the user record, but the update is obvioulsy not working:

exec sp_executesql N'UPDATE umbracoUserLogins SET timeout = @timeout WHERE contextId = @contextId',N'@timeout bigint,@contextId nvarchar(36)',@timeout=634189529343796340,@contextId=N'd62a65fb-0c64-4671-866c-7d944d6580ed'

Please Help I'm so close...

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 03:32
    skiltz

If you look in UmbracoLog in the database does it shed any light?

Sep 02, 2010 @ 03:41
    Kevon K. Hayes

In log, UMB was complaining about masterpage, I fixed some tags solved that, now it says: object not set to instance of an object... don't know exactly what... also why would a non UMB masterpage error prevent DB functionality

Sep 02, 2010 @ 16:37
    Kevon K. Hayes

BIG FALSE ALARM:  I was under the impression you could save a user without assign them sections they have permissions to... well you cannot.  After I assigned the user a content section my save was successful.  DANG!  Do I fell SHEEPISH.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft