Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:28
    aaronb

About to host with softsys - dedicated app pool?

I'm about to try and host my first umbraco site with an outside hosting company. Softsys seems to have great pricing and specs, but I'm a bit unsure about one thing - the app pool.

When I've asked for sites to be set up at work on our own servers, I've been asking the IT guys to set the worker process to 1 on the app pool. This solved some strange issues we were having a while back where a site would show a random version of the page content on refresh.

So my question is, do I need to still be setting these to a single app pool (4.0.4.2 / 4.5.1) and will I be ok with the shared app pool on softsys, or do I need to pay for a dedicated app pool? (the dedicated app pool is more expensive than the hosting)

thanks for any help with this.

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Oct 16, 2010 @ 23:40
    Giorgos Grispos

Hello,

any news on that, I got a problem with the same company. Once I set in IIS the umbraco site to work with a dedicated aplication pool .net 2.0(integrated) I got problems with client dependency.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Giorgos

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 09:42
    Paul Blair

I use softsys happily without a dedicated app pool.

Have done versions 3.x, 4.0.x (.net 2+integrated) and 4.5 (.net 4 + integrated).

The only problem I had was with the switch to 4.5 I had to specify the site to use full trust mode in the web.config

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:03
    Giorgos Grispos

OK Paul

Thanks for the update!
    Giorgos

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 13:53
    aaronb

I set up my account with them, and ran into an error message (I think during the install process even). A quick email to tech support asking them to check/set theapp pool to .Net 4 and it's been fine ever since. As an aside, I'm really happy with this host so far.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft