Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shriganesh 4 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 06, 2010 @ 15:52
    shriganesh

Umbraco 4.5.2 Database Configuration Errors

Hi, I haved installed Umbraco 4.5.2 on a server. Now I was able to get to the step of specifying the database credentials. But when I give the details I get the following error:

Database connection initialisation failed. The installer cannot connect to the database.

So, I added dbasesrv\instance, 1434 to the Server textbox (this connection string had worked for Umbraco 3.0.5), then I get the following error:

Could not save the web.config file. Please modify the connection string manually. Access to the path 'C:\..\..\' is denied.

Also, the database is fresh one. I have also logged into database with the umbraco username and it is able to login without any problem.... And i had given full rights to the network service user for the entire umbraco directory.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 00:45
    Sascha Wolter

Hiya,

looks like the connection to the database can now be made, however you seem to have a permission error on the web.config file. Depending on which server/configuration you use you need to allow either network service or the app pool identity full control over the web.config file so Umbraco can make changes to it.

You can find more information about the installation on the wiki: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup.

Hope that helps,

Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft