Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2010 @ 12:12
    Martin Griffiths

Umbraco Examine in 4.0 AND 4.5

Ok, someone from the core team really needs to get involved here because i'm at my wits end!

We've recently taken delivery of a build based on Umbraco 4.0.x. The site has had some contour problems which we solved by switching from classic pipeline mode to integrated mode, but unfortunately the Examine Indexer simply stopped working. Files/folders and queues built but not processed, bear in mind Examine was back fitted to 4.0.x

In sheer frustration we've moved the build completely over to Umbraco 4.5.2 after reading that it may have been a problem in Umbraco 4.0.x. Our build was upgraded and tested on Windows 7 which is as close to Windows 2008R2 as you can get as it uses IIS 7.5. All tested ok, with no indexing problems, but as soon as we moved to our test server (which is a mirror of production) bamn the indexer stopped working.....again!

Our test/productions servers run on 2008 standard (not R2) and so we're running using network service rather then AppPoolIdentity, but other than this all other settings are the same as on my Windows 7 pc.

We're at the point now where we feel there is a fundamental permissions problem with Examine which is preventing the Queues from being processed, which just at a loss to know what to try next!

The Logs in the Db checkout ok, nothing obvious.

Someone please shed some light!

Martin

• Nick 19 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 02:39
    Nick

Did u find any solution ?

Thanks

Feb 09, 2011 @ 11:01
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Nick

Sorry, should've closed this one off. We've had a catalogue of errors in the build up to relaunching our site(s) on Umbraco. The problems were focused around our agency who were providing the initial build, and internal/external server problems.

The server issues were eventually worked out, our test server proved to be faulty and upon bringing up a new VM the problems just went away! The agency issues on the other hand have been long and drawn out! That's not to say in their own way they havent done all they can to address these problems.

When all is said and done, we now understand the good and bad points of Umbraco and we are very comfortable on-developing going forward.

I'm particularly looking forward to moving onto 4.6.x, keeping a close eye on the source code though I may wait for a few minor releases as it's seems fairly obvious the developers take a little time to get the product stable during major development phases.

Martin

• Nick 19 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 01:12
    Nick

Hey Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I feel like its my server issue as its working on local and staging...I will try to figure it out...

Nilay

Feb 10, 2011 @ 10:48
    Martin Griffiths

Hi there

What problems are you encountering specifically, maybe I can help?

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft