Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 18:27
    Howard Dierking

Problems with images on 4.5.2 fresh install

Hi all - I've installed Umbraco more times than I can count now, but just ran into a really odd problem that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.  I'm in the process of preparing an upgrade from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 - so downloaded the 4.5.2 bits to my local machine and setup the site (there are some other instances of Umbraco running on my machine).

I was able to get through the installation process, though I noticed that the images weren't showing up.  I continued through setup because I figured that it was just a matter of deleting the clientdependency folder.  However, after doing this for all of my Umbraco instances, I still don't have any images showing up in my fresh installation.  When I look at the console in my Chrome debugging tools, I'm seeing the following:

Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    packagesVid1.png:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    panel_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    panel_boxhead_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    packagesVid2.png:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    panel_boxhead_h2_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    panel_boxfooter_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    panel_boxfooter_statusBar_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .
    background.pngFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

panel_boxfooter_statusBar_h2_bg.gif:-1Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type .

Any thoughts/suggestions?

tia,

_howard

Sep 15, 2010 @ 18:37
    Howard Dierking

As a quick update, I noticed that it looks like ASP.NET is attempting to authenticate all of the images.  For example, take a look at the following request/response for an image:

1. Request URL:
    2. Request Method:
      GET
    3. Status Code:
      302 Found
    4. Request Headers
      1. Referer:
      2. User-Agent:
        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.59 Safari/534.3
    5. Response Headers
      1. Content-Length:
      2. Date:
        Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:34:23 GMT
      3. Location:
        /login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fumbraco_client%2fpanel%2fimages%2fpanel_boxhead_h2_bg.gif
      4. Server:
        Microsoft-IIS/7.5
      5. X-Powered-By:
        ASP.NET

• Dimitris Chrysomallis 21 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 16:57
    Dimitris Chrysomallis

We seem to be having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:30
    Howard Dierking

For us the solution was to do one of 2 things
    1. Modify the site's anonymous authentication settings so that it impersonates the app pool identity
    2. Grant file ACLs to IUser on your Umbraco folder
    hth,
    _howard

• Dimitris Chrysomallis 21 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 13:21
    Dimitris Chrysomallis

@_howard: Yes, that did it. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft