Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 20:58
    Howard Dierking

Unauthorized When Starting

Hey guys - I think I may have some IIS (or worse) corruption going on here, but I'll check here first.  I've got a fresh build of 4.5.2 on my file system.  I created an app domain for Umbraco (framework 2.0 - build is from source of the 4.1.0 branch which is still targeting .NET 3.5) and pointed it at my the presentation folder where my project sits.  I've also given full control to my app domain's user account.  However, when I go to start the site, I get an access violation (HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized).

This struck me as odd because I've built and run from this configuration before - so I took a look in ProcessMonitor and noticed that it looks like the problem is happening when trying to creat the client dependency folder - but again, there shouldn't be any reason for the access violation.  I've attached the PM screenshot.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, I may be running in a VM for a while until I can rebuild my dev machine.

tia,

_howard

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 22:40
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Howard,

afraid I don't know the solution to your problem as I haven't encountered something similar yet, but here are a couple of hints that might help:

- Sometimes it helps deleting all the stuff in the temporary asp.net folders

- I'm not really sure if you can run your custom Umbraco build with 2.0, that might be the source of your problem as the ClientDependency.Core.dll might need something higher than 2.0?

- I've heard about a couple of issues where you need to clean out your App_Data/ClientDependency{something} folder

Sorry, all I can think of at the moment,

Sascha

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 22:50
    Howard Dierking

Hi Sascha - i think the problem in my case is likely a deeper ACL problem related on my machine - I changed the Web site configuration to impersonate my machine account rather than just letting it flow through the app domain, and everything worked fine.  Like I said, I'm not having this problem on any of the other machines where I've setup an Umbraco build in this way.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft