Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• João Pereira 41 posts 64 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 23:52
    João Pereira

Umbraco 4.5.2 .NET 4 installation through Web PI

Hi there,

I've been trying to install Umbraco 4.5.2 on a Cloud Server through Microsoft Web PI.

Always getting the css error others been complaining in other threads like this one - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10687-CSS-ISSUES-after-clean-install-of-45

I didn't managed to find a solution to this, as I've set permissions for everything and tried a lot of things... Later I remembered I didn't changed the .NET version to 4.0, but it was supposed to run in .NET 2.0 either way...

Then decided to try to install Umbraco in .NET 4.0 and got the following error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

It was clear that the version was not correctly configured, but I had went to the WebSitePanel Website/Extensions and had configured it correctly.

I've checked the folder App_cache inside WebSitePanel/Server, and found the Umbraco package download by the Web PI with the name Umbraco_4.5.2_NET3.5_WebDeploy.zip

I delete it and tried to install again but Web PI under WebSitePanel keep downloading the same version...

Though it was a WebSitePanel and installed it directly from the Web PI and got the same errors as it was always downloading the .NET 3.5 version...

Is it a Web PI problem not checking the .NET version of the existing version or Web PI or is the Umbraco package not configured to support .NET 4 under Web PI?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft