Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Skidmore 63 posts 251 karma points c-trib
    Sep 20, 2010 @ 00:58
    Nathan Skidmore

Upgrade 4.0.4.2 to 4.5 install problem (server error)

I am in the process of upgrading my umbraco installation to 4.5 from 4.0.4.2.

After copying all of the files and setting up umbraco in IIS to run in .NET 4, I then move to the second phase of installation by going to the root of the site to follow the installation wizard.

However once I hit the root umbraco asks me to login, after that the following error occurs:

Does anyone know what could be causing this error? Note that I placed umbraco in a .NET 4 Application Pool and have changed the web.config to reflect my database settings.

Thanks

Nathan

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.presentation.install._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +78
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +115
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2749

Sep 20, 2010 @ 14:51
    Nathan Skidmore

Just to provide some more info on this, I am running Windows 7 OS, SQL Server Express 2008 R2 and IIS 7.5.

Has anyone experienced this error before or have any theories of what could be causing the error based on the stack trace?

Thanks

Nathan

• IAMMRBONGO 29 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 16:33
    IAMMRBONGO

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem

Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:43
    Nathan Skidmore

I'm afraid I didn't resolve this. In the end I did a fresh install of Umbraco with the lastest version.

• IAMMRBONGO 29 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:15
    IAMMRBONGO

Just so you know, my problem was that I tried doing a direct upgrade from 4.03 to 4.7 without first going to 4.5. No help to you as it's not related but might help someone else as daft as me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft