Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eddie Foreman 215 posts 288 karma points
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 13:57
    Eddie Foreman

Cannot Login to Umbraco

Hi All

Have been away for a couple of weeks and need to make some changes to a local site.  All was working fine, but now when I try to login I get a configuration error message, statin that the request failed.  The error is hightlighting the membership line in the web config.

Line 115:      <providers>
    Line 116: <clear />
    Line 117: <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="TestType" passwordFormat="Clear" />
    Line 118: <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
    Line 119: </providers>

Using IIS7 and Umbraco version v 4.0.4.2. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Eddie

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 14:23
    Greg Berlin

I dont have the passwordFormat="Hashed"  option set.. maybe try remove that?

What's the rest of the error?  SQL Server definitely setup correctly?  Try change your connection string (break it) and see if u get a different error.

• Eddie Foreman 215 posts 288 karma points
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 16:28
    Eddie Foreman

Hi Greg

After testing another local site I got the same error message.  Turns the root IIS settingns needed to be set to full control.

Must of changed it at some point, before going on leave.

Thanks for relpying.

Eddie

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Sep 23, 2010 @ 13:20
    Greg Berlin

Glad you sorted it out Eddie..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft