Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• areen sattar 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 03:06
    areen sattar

where did those usercontrol files go?

hi folks. i'm a newbie and i needed to be ramped up on umbraco yesterday for a project.

I aplogize in advance for this question, but i need to make sure i understand the system properly.

I am working with forms and need to determine where all the form processing code has gone. Basically where is the code for submitting the form and loading the next page.

From what i understand of how umbraco works there is a content page that is pointing to a template. that template has a macro embedded in it. I look up the macro and it's pointing to a .NET user control file. that file is where the form is processed, fields manipulated, database connections are made, etc.

did i get that right? i can't find the .cs files the controls are associated with and i'm having a hard time reinventing the wheel for this client.

please help! any pointers to where to look, addtional docs, anything would be greatly appreciated.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 03:17
    skiltz

The .cs files are more than likely compiled into a DLL and are in your bin folder.  Your understanding sounds correct to me.

• areen sattar 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 18:15
    areen sattar

i guess our major problem then is that we don't have those .cs files anymore. don't know where the developer put them and there's no docs for this project. the guys that are left didn't work on the stuff so they don't know how the backend was put together. yikes. oh well, more hours for me.

thanks!

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1101 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 22:10
    Brendan Rice

You can break open DLLs with .Net reflector.  It allows you to decompile the source so you can see what is going on inside the dll, it might help you understand what is going on better.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft