Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pickels 75 posts 108 karma points
    Sep 27, 2010 @ 21:30
    Pickels

Failed to load language 'IronPython 2.6': Could not load file or assembly

Was trying to create a Python macro in a fresh umbraco 4.5.2 .net 3.5 installation and got the following error:

Error occured

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Failed to load language 'IronPython 2.6': Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, RuntimeTypeHandle* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount)
    at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandle(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
    at System.Reflection.Module.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, Module decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(Module decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes)
    at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(Assembly assembly, RuntimeType caType)
    at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext.LoadBuiltins(Dictionary`2 builtinTable, Assembly assem)
    at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext.CreateBuiltinTable()
    at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext..ctor(ScriptDomainManager manager, IDictionary`2 options)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.LanguageConfiguration.LoadLanguageContext(ScriptDomainManager domainManager, Boolean& alreadyLoaded)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DlrConfiguration.LoadLanguageContext(ScriptDomainManager manager, LanguageConfiguration config)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DlrConfiguration.TryLoadLanguage(ScriptDomainManager manager, String str, Boolean isExtension, LanguageContext& language)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.ScriptDomainManager.TryGetLanguageByFileExtension(String fileExtension, LanguageContext& language)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime.TryGetEngineByFileExtension(String fileExtension, ScriptEngine& engine)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime.GetEngineByFileExtension(String fileExtension)
    at umbraco.scripting.MacroScriptEngine.LoadEngineByFileExtension(String fileExtension)
    at umbraco.scripting.MacroScript.ExecuteFile(String path, Hashtable variables)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveDLRScript(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Anybody know what that could mean?

Sep 27, 2010 @ 21:40
    Pickels

While Googling I found this: http://forums.asp.net/p/1598242/4093594.aspx Seems they have the same issue. No solution provided though.

Sep 27, 2010 @ 22:02
    Pickels

mmmm, it seems the dll was just missing. Any reason why it was left out of 4.5.2? I copied it from 4.5.1 and now it seems to work again.

• Puzzle 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 17:14
    Puzzle

Thank's for this information - I'm quite new to Umbraco, but have used Python for about 10 years - even Jython super cool for testing Java classes.

I'm planning to use Python instead of XSLT for all progamming like tasks - very inspired by you and Jonas Eriksson's thread on Python i Umbraco. Python rocks for sure - so the above error was very dissapointing for me and I had no clue about the cause.

Now hunting for some dll.....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft