Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason P. Brown 8 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 29, 2010 @ 08:55
    Jason P. Brown

New install (User Administration) - No node exists with id '0' and more!

After some monkeying around, I've managed to get a somewhat functional installation of Umbraco 4.5.2 on a shared hosting provider (Seekdotnet.com).

However, I'm running into some problems.

I set up the site with a purposely weak password, so the first thing I attempted to do was to change the password for the Administrator.  However, when I click on the Administrator node in the tree, I received the following error.

No node exists with id '0'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +399
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.setupNode() +68
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +89
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType..ctor(Int32 id) +61
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) +135
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +311
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +197
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
       umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +4280
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1   

So I thought, well, let me just try creating a new user.  The creation went well enough, but when I click on the new user node, I get the same error but with id=1 instead of 0.

I checked the umbracoUser table and both were present.

So I checked the membership provider in the web.config, thinking there might be something obviously wrong there, and this is how it appears.

<membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
            <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
          </providers>
        </membership>

defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" seemed odd to me, so I thought I would create a "RegisteredUser" membertype and use that in the web.config instead. Only that plan didn't pan out either.

When I after I created that memberType (in the members section), I get the following error.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'ContentTypeControlNew1', but its type (umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew) is not compatible with the type of control (ASP.umbraco_controls_contenttypecontrolnew_ascx).

Source Error: 

Line 12: </asp:Content>
    Line 13: <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="body" runat="server">
    Line 14:          <uc1:ContentTypeControlNew id="ContentTypeControlNew1" HideStructure="true" runat="server"></uc1:ContentTypeControlNew>
    Line 15:             <cc1:Pane id="Pane1andmore" runat="server">
    Line 16:            

Source File: /umbraco/members/editMemberType.aspx    Line: 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Now I'll admit, it's been a year since I worked in .NET so I'm a little rusty, and I'm brand new to Umbraco, but this follows a series of troubles I've had just getting Umbraco installed to this point, and quite frankly it's disheartening.  The installer wasn't without problems of it's own (relating to package selection), and working in a shared hosting environment has had it's own hurdles.  

I just could really use some guidance here.  Thanks for any input.

• Jason P. Brown 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 21:02
    Jason P. Brown

I've solved this issue.  Some files were corrupted during ftp.  Solution was to unzip and deploy files on destination server.  n00b mistake.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft