Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Grimm 56 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 23:55
    Justin Grimm

Failure to access Umbraco Admin

Getting this error when I try to access the admin.  Front-end of the site works fine.

Umbraco - 4.5.2 for .NET 4.0
    IIS 7
    AppPool - Integrated

Any help or expertise would be MUCH appreciated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: No http handler was found for request type 'GET'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): No http handler was found for request type 'GET']
       System.Web.HttpApplication.MapIntegratedHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig, Boolean convertNativeStaticFileModule) +545
       System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +1235

[HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for umbraco.aspx.]
       System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +4673427
       System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path) +84
       umbraco._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +87
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Oct 03, 2010 @ 06:45
    Jonas Eriksson

Hi!

Looks like a IIS configuration issue, have a look at http://forums.iis.net/t/1157260.aspx

I would guess that forms aren't working on frontend either?

Regards

Jonas

Oct 04, 2010 @ 16:53
    Justin Grimm

Jonas - 

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, I had run across that one and tried out the solutions.  None worked for me :(.  It's got to be an IIS issue I just can't pinpoint where.  Have not tried a form yet on the front-end but I will now.

Thanks,

Justin

• Dan Mac 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 14:21
    Dan Mac
    Error executing child request for umbraco.aspx.

I had the same issue recently for 4.11.9, but was receiving the above error. I changed the App Pools Identity to Netwrok Service.

Failing that, look at permissions on the App_Data folder.

This worked for me.

Thanks,
    Dan

• Paul Stoker 39 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 15:23
    Paul Stoker

Hi Justin,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same issue in our production environment. 

We are using an App_Pool with a custom user account to lock down security to a minimum.

Does anyone know what permissions are needed?

Thanks,
    Paul

Apr 04, 2014 @ 15:47
    Justin Grimm

Hi Paul,

I'd be lying if I said I remembered what resolved this....wish I had posted it. I'm 90% sure it had something to do with the rights/permissions.  Sorry.

-Justin

• Paul Stoker 39 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 17:28
    Paul Stoker

Hmm okay, do you atleast remember if you changed the user to Network Service?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft