Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 21:21
    Howard Dierking

Back office files not loading in back office

Hi all -

I just installed Umbraco on a fresh lab server and am running into some problems.  First, a bit about my setup:

• IIS 7.5 configured for asp.net 4.0 (ran aspnet_regiis -i to be sure)
    • Custom app pool for Umbraco
    • App pool account (iis apppool\myumbracopool) has full control perms on the folder containing Umbraco

Here's what I get at the logon screen:

and here's what I get when I log on:

The strange thing is that when I do a network trace, it looks like forms authentication is trying to process css and js files:

thoughts??

_howard

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 14:36
    Seth Niemuth

Did you make sure to unblock the zip file before extracting? You appear to have many javascript errors which would suggest not all the files being there.

Some more information about empty trees. http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/about/roadmap/umbraco-45/upgrading-to-umbraco-45

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 16:48
    Howard Dierking

I Seth - thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, all the files are unblocked.  We narrowed down the issue to something around anonymous authentication in IIS.  For example, when we changed the settings such that the anonymous user impersonated the app pool identity, everything worked.  Similarly, when we gave IUser permissions to the web site folder, everything worked.  I need to go deeper to understand the root cause, but that fixed things for now.

_howard

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 16:51
    Rik Helsen

What version are we talking about here?

first instict hints on permissions issues

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft