Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hans 4 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 16:37
    hans

Templates lost after upgrading from v3.x to 4.0.2

Greetings,

I've just upgraded a 3.0.6 umbraco install to 4.0.2, and am getting the following error when I try to access pages in the content section:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\editContent.aspx.cs:404
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

I have lost all templates also. My stylesheets and doc types are there, but no templates. I've taken care of some of the undocumented pitfalls, such as eliminating the 'Hashmarks' bit so I could log in etc. but I've not come across a fix for this. The site looks and works fine.

Thanks in advance for a reply and hopefully a fix.

Zen

• hans 4 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 18:21
    hans

I've actually solved the problem with help from another post. I had lost my templates and was getting an error when trying to access the docTypes. The error seemed to suggest that there was a corrupted node id in the db. here is what I did to solve the problem.

I checked the cmsTemplate table in the DB and saw that some of the "master" fields contained invalid IDs. I guess some of my templates from the v3 version of the site were corrupt and didn't get copied over but the DB still made records and tried to reference them. I simply removed the records from the cmsTemplate table that referenced non existing master page IDs and everything works now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft