Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 04:55
    Tony Lorentzen

Something very weird going on with version 4.5.2

I just installed 4.5.2 for a new site that I need to have up and running in a few days and all of the sudden Umbraco is starting to behave really badly. Not exactly confidence inspiring...

Here's what's happening...

I've created the templates I needed and added a "content picker" property for the document type I wanted to use. After realizing that the XML schema had changed I got hold of the value in my property in the XSLT, but the problem is that if I spit out the property value on the page it will fail to show it sometimes - ie. half the time I refresh the page. Seems very unreliable and renders the system completely unusable, so I'm kind of desperate here...

I have also been experiencing some problems with random 'xsltErrorNoNodesPublished' errors when I try to save my XSLT even though I have 3-4 nodes in my content tree. Then I go to the content and republish the entire site and then I can save the XSLT again.

Is 4.5.2 just a 'bad' build that I should avoid?

Yes - I have tried reinstalling... about 4 times to be exact... :-/

Best,

Tony

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 08:35
    Sebastiaan Janssen

4.5.2 is by no means a "bad" build. It sounds to me that you're having permission problem, check, set and re-check and re-set the permissions on the appropriate folders, the one I suspect to be problematic is your App_Data folder.

Check to see what user is configured for your application pool and give the appropriate folders write permissions for that user.

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 12:11
    Tony Lorentzen

Still not working though I applied the permission settings above. I did go through the folders previously to make sure the network service had access to modify.

Anyway - I'm going to have to ditch this release entirely as it is just way too buggy for me to get actual work done. The new XML schema is also causing all kinds of problems as if there's an error in XPath. Very weird stuff going on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft