Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Falkner 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 19:28
    Dennis Falkner

Installing problem -LinkID=186784&clcid=0x0409 - HELP

Hello.

Today i tried for the first time to install Umbraco.

But i ran into a problem.

First of all, when i try to install the program, it wants me to open a file with a program ("-LinkID=186784&clcid=0x0409). 

Since i dont know what it does, i just press "cancel", and it resumes to the Step 1 of 2 panel. When i enter information, and go to step 2, which i also fills out correctly, it comes with a error when pressing next. It cant get in contact with the server it seems.

My friends installed it with the problem, but they fixed it when they inserted the applicaitor name as i did. But why doesen't my work?

My whole class installed the program, and i were the only one who got the popup who wanted me to open a file.

Yes i did remove all my former SQL servers, and i even uninstalled my visual studio 2008 / 2010.

Anyone have a clue ?

Regards Dennis

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 20:49
    Dirk De Grave

Dennis,

Can you tell us exactly what you did when installing, and what method you've used? Did you perform a manual installation or via web pi?

Looking forward to your info.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:08
    Dennis Falkner

Allright here it comes (and thanks for answering).

First of all, i installed it over web.

First i installed it but pressed the wrong informations, and when it came with the "could not connect to the SQL server", error, i just pressed "continue". I quess i shouldn't have done that.

After that i found out that it wasnt working, i tried from scrach, with the right informations (without succes).

Then i uninstalled microsoft visual studio 2008/2010 + all SQL Servers i  had in "add / remove program"

Then i did:

Opened webplatform - select Umbraco - Install - Accept.

- Pressed "Mixed Module" and typed in password.

- Now it came with a very fast install 4/4 (about 15secs) and then it opens "Choose a program you want to open the file with" file: -LinkID=186784&clcid=0x0409

- I pressed cancel and it went on to step 1 of 2.

- I pressed default web site and entered Umbraco CMS application name: UmbracoAPP

- I choose SQL server, Create new database, and entered admin username (sa) + the same password as i choose in first step, aswell as datapase passwords.

- Pressed Continue and i waited like 1-2mins for it to come with a error (i will translate it from danish): "The following error occurred when trying to connect to the database by using the specifik paraments: A network related or specific indience error has occured, when you were trying to establish a connection to SQL server. The server wasn't found or you didnt have acces to it. Control that the instance name is correct, and that the SQL server is configured to allow remote connections.
    (provider: SQL-networkinterface, error: 26 - error when seaching for indicated server/occurrence.) Continue with the install anyways?

And that was the error i pressed yes to first time, but no to the other times.

That is more or less how i did it.

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:30
    Dirk De Grave

Hmm, think you've deinstalled a bit too much, to get umbraco working on your pc, you should at least have a sql server (express) or my sql running on your computer, that is why you're getting the exception. Makes perfect sense so.. Best bet is to make sure you've got at least a sql server (express) edition running on your system. VS.net is not required, unless you're doing custom development.

Also, don't enter a application name druing installation process, leave that blank. It's not required to create a new umbraco application website on your local machine.

If you are re-installing sql server, make sure to allow mixed authentication mode, or sql server authentication, as this what umbraco relies on. Also note down your 'sa' password, as you'll need it again when installing umbraco using web pi.

Let me know when you're ready again to install, we'll help you out to get umbraco up and running within minutes.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:32
    Dirk De Grave

I may have a document lying around specifying the steps required to install umbraco on your system. If you're interested, let me know your contact details and I'll share it, and if you get umbraco up and running, I'll put up an article on the wiki for others as well.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:35
    Dennis Falkner

I am ready to install it now, just waiting for a solution, if you have a more detailed guide on how to do it. 

You suggested i install a sql server (express). Which one would you suggest? SQL Server 2008 R2 Express ?

Thanks again for your answer! 

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:36
    Dennis Falkner

About my contact details. Not sure if you mean my email or what.

Email: [email protected]

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:50
    Dirk De Grave

Yup, I'd use sql server 2008 R2 Express as your database of choice.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft