Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TEttinger 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 09:21
    TEttinger

Database confusion with WPI

First things first: I'm on a Windows 7 machine with IIS that I hope to use for development only (someone else would host the CMS if it gets off the ground), and I want to set up Umbraco with either an embedded database or a simple solution for a "real" database.  The problem is, I have never dealt with IIS databases before, so when the Web Platform Installer asked me for database info, I was stumped.  I have Windows SQL Server 2008 R2, apparently (it might be a trial, the download wasn't too clear on Microsoft's site), but I also have SQL Express.  Among the many things I tried after searching this site and Google, I added a user called sab with Admin capabilities (I think every applicable box is checked, pretty much), and I keep submitting this user and its password as entries to the WPI installer and the post-binary configuration wizard (yes, I tried the binaries too...).  Neither can see any database, even if I select "Create new database", and other times I get an error about the user not being associated with a trusted something-or-other (I'm not sure how to reproduce the exact error, so I'm not sure what the precise wording was).  This is all driving me crazy!  I don't know what steps to try next, and I am just lost as to what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 09:48
    Dirk De Grave

Just checking: did you allow at least sql server authentication on your sql (express) box? Also make sure you've got the sa password by hand as you'll need an admin password to make sure to can connect to the sql box

Looking forward to your progress. If you can't get it working, let me know, I can send you a small doc I've used to setup umbraco web pi installation. 

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft