Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 18:19
    jaygreasley

SQLCE4Umbraco.dll For Juno

Hi there,

Has anyone set up Juno (ie 4.6) with SQL CE?  Where did you get SQLCE4Umbraco.dll from? I may be missing something but I can't see the 4.6 source on codeplex and if I read Niels' post correct the SQLCE4Umbraco.dll is in the source

TIA

Jay

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 18:54
    Paul Sterling

Hi Jay -

Its in the 4.1 branch, but you can also just download the WebDeploy package from Codeplex here:  http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/51107

-Paul

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 18:56
    wolulcmit

there's a special release which contains everything you need http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/51107
    download Umbraco 4.6 Alpha WebDeploy for .NET 4.0 with SQL CE

I've set it up locally and on shared hosting, and haven't run into any major issues so far, apart from contour not working :(

- Tim

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 19:18
    jaygreasley

Thank you both, release 51107 is just what I needed.

Tim, do you have it running in medium trust?

I have set it up using the blog site and it runs fine in full trust but swap to medium trust and it breaks.

It *may* be that it's an alpha release.

Jay

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 19:30
    wolulcmit

I think it's full trust, not sure whether that helps you or not :)
    hopefully I'll have my blog skin finished soon, if you'd like to test?

• Thor Madsen-Holm 82 posts 212 karma points c-trib
    Dec 24, 2010 @ 17:06
    Thor Madsen-Holm

Hi, i just downloaded the new Umbraco 4.6 Beta - codename JUNO. I decided to try out the new SQLCE database, but i can't seem to find the SQLCE4Umbraco.dll. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks in advance

/Thor

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 24, 2010 @ 21:00
    Kim Andersen

Hi Thor

According to this WIKI page: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/using-sql-ce-4-with-juno you should be able to find the dll in the source that you can download here: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/58026 (Found under "Other Available Downloads"). Hope that helps and merry Christmas :)

/Kim A

Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:13
    Thor Madsen-Holm

Hi Kim,

That's the build i downloaded, but i can't seem to find it anywhere in the source :-S. I did a serach for "SQLCE4Umbraco.dll" in the build folder, but no results show up. 
    The build i downloaded is this one: 1.0.4010.1279 

/Thor

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thor

Have a look under "Other available downloads" and choose "4.6 beta source" - I was a bit puzzled about it as well :-)

/Jan

Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:26
    Thor Madsen-Holm

Hi Jan,

Yeah just tried that, and eureka! there it was, thanks a million :-)

/Thor

Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thor

You're welcome mate! Have a good time playing around with it. But be aware that there are some bugs using CE SQL in the beta, which Lee Kelleher has already reported on codeplex here: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29781 - give it a vote if you experience this. (I bet you will if you install one of the skins) - if you start from scratch there should be no problems.

Happy coding in juno ;-)

/Jan

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 17:11
    Paul Sterling

Thanks for reporting any issues you find.  

In addition to working from the source, you can download the WebDeploy package from the Juno Beta release with the SQL CE bits included:  http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/58026

Just grab the "Umbraco 4.6 Beta SQLCE (4.0 CTP2) WebDeploy for .NET 4.0" package.

Also, since SQL CE is itself only a CTP at this point, there are some installation points which are not yet addressed, but we understand these will be resolved prior to the 13 January 2011 release.

-Paul

Dec 29, 2010 @ 01:47
    Kim Andersen

@Jan:

"if you start from scratch there should be no problems" - I tried installing a v4.6 from scratch (with no skin) with the SQL CE 4.0 BD, and it still gave me that error. You made it work by installing Umbraco with no skin?

@Paul:

Looking forward to the 13 January 2011, or some days around that day :)

/Kim A

Dec 29, 2010 @ 10:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hej Kim

Well, I just tried to make som custom document types and templates and made a few pages, which showed up just fine. Just a simple test though that did not invovle any XSLT macros but I think that will work fine as well. I know that Dennis Aaen is running it locally on his machine without any problems (not using any skinning etc.).

So I'm a bit puzzled that you're still encountering the problem with a clean install with no skins. Did you install the CWS or some other foundation instead?

/Jan

Dec 29, 2010 @ 11:13
    Kim Andersen

Naah I didn't install anything. A clean install with no foundation whatsoever. I just created a couple of doc types, a template and set up some very simple content. But unfortunately with no luck. It's not critical at all though, I was just playing around with it, so I'll just wait and see what happens i the next couple of weeks :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft