Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alfredo De Regil 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 00:48
    Alfredo De Regil

No node selected yet, please select a node in the list above before clicking 'ok'

I just installed the following version of the product for the first time:

umbraco v 4.5.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.3827.19799)

I setup the database and the installer mentioned that everything ok. At the very last step of the wizard it asked me for a decision between some package or a manual thing. I selected the package but then an error ocurred.

Now if I go to the http://localhost/Umbraco/umbraco/ url I can login to the application but when I try to create anything (content, media, etc) I always get an error that says:

No node selected yet, please select a node in the list above before clicking 'ok'

I do not see anything that I can select, and the ok button is always dimmed.

Can somebody point me out to a good installer manual?

Thanks

I'm using Win XP, IIS, SQL 2008.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 07:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alfredo, welcome to our :)

I think your installation is working properly. You just need to know a bit more about Umbraco. Once installed it's completely empty unless you have chosen a foundation during the install process.

I'm just wondering if you made a clean installation of Umbraco or if you chose to have Runway as foundation?

If you have not chosen any foundation, then you first need to create document types in the "settings" section where you define what properties you need on your documents, define structure etc.

I think this could be a good starting point for you: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/umbraco-absolute-beginner-tutorial.

EDIT: You could probably also benefit from installing either Runway or the Creative Website Starter (CWS) package, so you can study those packages and see how it all works. You can install packages from within the developer section.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft