Oct 25, 2010 @ 19:50
    Julio M. Vivas

Upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 - Tree JavaScript error

Hi Everyone

I've been checking through the forum but can't find a way to solve this:

• Upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 on Win 2003 / .NET 4.0
    • Extracted zip files using WinRAR
    • Network Service has full control over everything

However, the tree is empty because of a JS error: Illegal character on umbraco.aspx line 143:

{javascript:parent.right.document.location.href = \u0027plugins/appmanager/editApp.aspx\u0027;}

I have created a flat version on umbraco.aspx (.e.g. umbracoFlat.aspx) and changed this line to

{javascript:parent.right.document.location.href = "\u0027plugins/appmanager/editApp.aspx\u0027";}

and it seems to work OK. Is there any trick to get those pesky double quotes in place?

Thanks

Julio

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 26, 2010 @ 08:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Are you sure you've overwritten the /umbraco folder with the 4.5 files? I cannot even find any part of this code in 4.5..

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 13:19
    Julio M. Vivas

Hi Sebastiaan

Thanks for your reply and sorry about taking this long.

I can see what you mean and I can't find this code either on a brand new 4.5.2 installation. I'm using the files from Umbraco_4_5_2_for_NET_4.zip and copying the /umbraco, /bin, etc folders on top of the old 4.0.3 version (as per instructions on the wiki).

However, I did the upgrade without removing packages so I guess one must be incompatible and blocking the tree. I'll try again with a "cleaner" version  and will confirm if the issue dissappears.

Cheers
    Julio

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:05
    Julio M. Vivas

Once again sorry about the delay in posting about this case.

The issue was caused by the App Manager plugin, as I could have discovered by looking at both the affected JS line and at this thread

After also running into the "missing Media folder" issue (luckily documented here), I finally have completed the migration to 4.5 and everything is fine, so far.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft