Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eddie Emecheta 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 20:11
    Eddie Emecheta

Error installing Umbraco from WP Installer - "Umbracodb could not be created"

I have tried to install Umbraco 4.5.2 for the first time in a Windows 7 Ultimate system and I got the above error message and installation failed. 

Does anyone know what to do from here? 

Eddie ...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eddie

Can you tell us some more about what you do, when trying to install from the web installer?

At which point is the error showing? Is SQL server 2008 express installed etc. etc.

/Jan

• Eddie Emecheta 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 06, 2010 @ 01:52
    Eddie Emecheta

Hi Jan:

I am just trying to learn how to develop Web sites and do some e-commerce systems. My profile is not updated or completed.

I recently learnt about Umbraco through Microsoft Web Platform installation. Then I selected Umbraco for installation. The WPI installed every other package that I selected and for the Umbraco installation I provided all the data that is required and for the Umbraco database, I chose umbracodb with MS SQL 2008 Express as the database server. And during this installation, Windows Azure SDK, Windows Azure Tools for SMVS2010 v1.2, SQL Server Native Client and SQl Server Management Objectss were installed before installation of Umbraco CMS. The installation bombed because the database, Umbracodb could not be created. So the log says.

Error popped up after installation of umbraco ended and I do have the installation log file.

Thanks

Eddie

• Johan Plesner Hamann 105 posts 199 karma points
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 22:28
    Johan Plesner Hamann

Hello Eddie

I did not like the web installer. when I had to install Umbraco. I have a guide you possibly can use.

zargo.dk/web-sans/umbraco/manuel-installation-af-umbraco-paa-localhost.aspx

Johan :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft