Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dfarrow 16 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 11, 2009 @ 18:03
    dfarrow

Cannot create/view "Templates" after upgrading site from 3 to 4

I just upgraded my Umbraco site from v3 to the new v4 release. I followed the instructions here:

http://suite101.thefarmdigital.com.au/post/2009/02/Upgrading-to-Umbraco-4.aspx

Everything seems to have worked fine, except now my "Templates" folder in the Umbraco CMS Admin Interface is empty. I can see that the "masterpages" folder does have the converted templates and the site is working fine, but if I try to create a new template I get this error:

-------------------------------
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1089'

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +363
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetMasterContentElement(Int32 masterTemplateId) +50
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.ConvertToMasterPageSyntax(String templateDesign) +17
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() +33
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupTemplate() +167
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template..ctor(Guid id) +31
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +154
    umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +155

-------------------------------

Please help.

• dfarrow 16 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 11, 2009 @ 18:58
    dfarrow

I fixed it. I checked the cmsTemplate table in the DB and saw that some of the "master" fields contained invalid IDs. I guess some of my templates from the v3 version of the site were corrupt and didn't get copied over but the DB still made records and tried to reference them. I simply removed the records from the cmsTemplate table that referenced non existing master page IDs and everything works now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft