Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• levous 23 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:40
    levous

Even with Everyone Full Permission - "saving xslt file failed"

I just spent about 4 hours trying to install umbraco 4.0 on WebHost4Life.com. Before you beat me up for using them, its almost there!

I was able to create scripts, css, templates, doc types all without issue. When I tried to save my first xslt file, it went kaboom. It is able to create the file in the xslt directory just fine. However, when I attempt to edit and then save (after the initial boilerplate is placed in the dir), it fails the less than helpful "saving xslt file failed".

In desperation, I've granted full permissions to "Everyone" from the root of my Umbraco website so I do not believe it is a directory permissions thing.

Anyone have any idea what is missing?

• levous 23 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:50
    levous

OK. I didn't have any content nodes created yet. Perhaps this is what was failing during the save. I created my root content node and then browsed with the ?umbdebugshowtrace=true to see if something presented itself and it simply couldn't load my xslt. I then tried to create and save again and voila! success!

Problem solved...

Great job guys

• TheSol 1 post 20 karma points
    Mar 26, 2009 @ 21:32
    TheSol

levous - Would you mine posting the steps you used to get this working on WebHost4Life?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Mar 26, 2009 @ 21:38
    Peter Dijksterhuis

I think he described it pretty clearly:
    [quote=levous]OK. I didn't have any content nodes created yet. Perhaps this is what was failing during the save. I created my root content node and then browsed with the ?umbdebugshowtrace=true to see if something presented itself and it simply couldn't load my xslt. I then tried to create and save again and voila! success!
    Problem solved...
    [/quote]

He didn't have any content nodes so he created a few.

When saving the xslt-file, it check the xslt against the nodes to see if it makes sense. If there are no nodes, it can't save.

HTH,
    PeterD

• Ferry Meidianto 36 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 26, 2010 @ 05:49
    Ferry Meidianto

Got the same issue and I could save the XSLT after I created a Content node.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft