Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• roy-t 1 post 20 karma points
    Mar 04, 2009 @ 18:07
    roy-t

List of Permissions settings required by Umraco? (alternative to High-Trust)

Ive been trying out different .net based cmses this week. Most installed flawlessly but where not 100% what I was looking for.

Umbraco seems to be having all the features I need, however the High Trust requirement is really breaking things (seriously, why is it needed by Umbraco and not by a dosen other cmses?)

Anyway after hacking away at the config file, trying different config files I can't get around the problem of permissions. (altough I've come around the IIS7 piped problems and the .Net35 problems by helpfull posts here, tbh it is quite a hassle to install Umbraco on a Shader Windows Server 2008 environment).

My host won't change the permissions to High-Trust/Full-Trust, but they will edit their custom (medium-trust) settings. I was wondering if someone has a Medium-trust level config file that lists all the requirements for Umbraco, since the documentation I could find on it is extremely limited (only a few dozen old forum posts).

Atm I've gathered that they need to make the following changes/additions.
    [quote]
    <>
    class="FileIOPermission"
    version="1"
    Read="$AppDir$;C:\windows\microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727"
    Write="$AppDir$"
    Append="$AppDir$"
    PathDiscovery="$AppDir$;C:\windows\microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727"
    />

<>
    class="SecurityPermission"
    version="1"
    Flags="Assertion, Execution, ControlThread, ControlPrincipal, RemotingConfiguration, ControlEvidence, ControlPolicy, ControlAppDomain"
    />
    [/quote]

Are there more settings/permissions they need to change to get Umbraco working? Or small changes to the source-code? (I'm a pritty experienced C# developer but pritty new to ASP.Net/Web dev.)

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 04, 2009 @ 22:00
    Morten Bock

This is sort of a non-answer, but I have seen this subject come up quite a few times, but never seen anyone find an answer to it. I have also seen the core team express interest in the subject, so if you find any info, it would be very interesting to see what needs to be done.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft