Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 00:58
    lucuma

Downloaded Site - Empty Content and Template Nodes

I've installed the latest umbraco on a windows server 2007 on iis7 with the web installer.. It installed great and runs perfectly.

I downloaded the applicaton to my PC (windows 7 64bit with iis7) and modified the web.config to point to my local db which is a copy of the one on my server.  The Content section and the Template section under settings are both empty however the rest are there and fine.  The front end pulls up fine with content.

Now, what I've done:

1.  I can open this app in Visual Studio.  It runs fine. 

2.  I installed a new copy of umbraco from the web installer on my local machine.  Then I changed the app to point to my web folder.  Still same issue.

3.  Switched from classic to integrated.

In firebug here is the error when clicking on content from the ajax call:

No node exists with id '-20'

Any suggestions here?

Nov 11, 2010 @ 22:45
    lucuma

Anyone have 2 cents here? :)

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 23:36
    Dirk De Grave

Can only think of a permission issue atm,. Have you checked you've got all required permissions on the root and underlying folders of the umbraco installation?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Nov 11, 2010 @ 23:54
    lucuma

I gave the Everyone group full permissions. It is wierd just the content, media, and templates don't work in the backend.. The site pulls up fine with content, I just can't edit it nor templates..... arg.

Nov 13, 2010 @ 07:36
    lucuma

This was about the most annoying problem I've encountered in quite a while.  I'm not entirely sure all the issues I had with migrating from my server to my development machine (yeah yeah yeah, I know you shouldn't do it this way).  After just doing a blanket security update on my folder and trying everything else mentioned on these forums (nothing worked), I finally figured out my issue.  

For anyone else that might be getting some 500.19 errors with absolutely no information really except a generic web.config error, it turned out that on my production machine I had ULR rewrite installed in iis7.  On my dev machine it did not and I had implemented some URL rewrite stuff in the web.config.  So, moral of the story, make sure both IIS's are setup identical.  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft