Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andraž 45 posts 65 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 07:37
    Andraž

Error: 403 Forbidden

Hello,

I installed the umbraco files in the root but when I try to go to web and install the next error shows: 403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server. I also set permison for all files to 777. Is there anything I should set in the control panel?

Best regards,

Andra

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 08:11
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I am not sure what the problem could be, but it sounds a bit like misconfiguration of the server. I think the first thing you should probably try is ask your webhosting provider why you're getting this error. Do you also get this error if you go to yoursite.ext/default.aspx?

Nov 16, 2010 @ 08:37
    Andraž

Hi, 

thanks for reply. No, if I go to default.aspx then I get the aspx. code, the same with /install/default.aspx.

Nov 16, 2010 @ 08:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Are you sure that your webhost is running a windows server and not a linux server? If you're setting permissions using CHMOD 777, that sounds an awful lot like your on a linux server without support for .net.

Nov 16, 2010 @ 11:12
    Andraž

Yes you are right... I haven't payed attention to that, I see now that hosting is on linux server and the only way for umbraco is windows server, right?

Nov 16, 2010 @ 11:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yes, although you could try it with Mono, but that's probably going to be a lot of work as it's not officially supported.. :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft