Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 01:57
    Tom

Xml Exception Data @ Root Level Invalid

Hi Guys,

We're running umbraco 4.0.4.1 try as i might i cannot get blog4umbraco playing ball and also can't get publish working properly in my local dev environment..

Intermittantly when trying to publish in the content window OR in this instance when i've tried to install the blog4umbraco package ill get the error "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." on investigation in the event viewer it turns out it's an xml exception error..

just wondering how to fix this thing!!! I've tried nuking umbraco.config and republishing all etc.. but to no avail..

Exception information: 

Exception type: XmlException 

Exception message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)

at RelatedLinkswithMedia.RelatedLinkswMediaData.ToXMl(XmlDocument data)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.ToXml(XmlDocument xd)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.XmlPopulate(XmlDocument xd, XmlNode& x, Boolean Deep)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.PublishWithResult(User u)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.PublishWithChildrenWithResult(User u)

at Umlaut.Umb.Blog.usercontrols.BlogInstaller.saveAndPublish(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\6c8a1edaa924eb51\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\usercontrols\BlogInstaller.ascx.cs:line 42

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Nov 22, 2010 @ 14:29
    Ken Mark

What does you umbraco.config look like? Can you post the first lines of it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft