Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 16:10
    Connie DeCinko

Looks like there's still work to do

We had an issue last night that we don't wish to repeat.  We took our SQL server down for maintenance and when it came back up, our web site refused to respond.  Instead, visitors to our site were greeted with the "Look's like there's still work to do..." screen, welcoming them to try and hack a login to our Umbraco.

I tried various things, confirmed the database was intact, still see content in my content nodes, however every page showed as # for the location.  I finally resolved the problem by issuing the command to rebuild all content nodes.

1.  Why did this happen? What caused this?

2.  How in the world do we prevent this from happening again?  Umbraco will be uninstalled faster than you can repeat these words if it is unable to recover from a drop in connection to the database server.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 16:18
    Rich Green

I'm pretty sure this explains and has a solution for this issue.

http://www.darren-ferguson.com/2010/11/2/working-around-the-'no-nodes'-issue-with-umbraco-45x

Rich

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 16:26
    Connie DeCinko

Ding ding ding!  You hit the problem right on the head.  Not sure if this is the right solution, but it will do for now until Umbraco fixes the bug they appear to have introduced.  Has anyone submitted a fix request I can vote up?

Do I just create a plain vanilla page with that code in the page load code behind? or???

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 16:39
    Rich Green

I assume you just put the code in the noNodes.aspx file inside an pageload event?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft