Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:02
    mots

Friendly URLs not working

Hi,

I have followed the article in the wiki on how to setup Umbraco to use friendly URLs but I am experiencing some problems. What happens after I set it up is that when I click on a link in my website, it does use friendly URLs (i.e. it removes the .aspx at the end) but the page does not load and just returns a 404 error.

I am using IIS7 and first tried to use the integrated pipeline feature of IIS, and in my web.config I set useDirectoryUrls to true and added the preCondition="" to the UrlRewriteModule node. However I still get the error.

Then I tried to add a new wildcard application in IIS7 but I still get the 404 error. It was the .NET 4 version of  'aspnet_isapi.dll' because we are using .NET 4 for this project.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Am I missing something in the setup or configuration? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:24
    mots

Right I think I may have solved the problem. It was because my site was an application pool which was a .NET 2.0 version rather than a .NET 4.0 version. I just switched it to use .NET 4.0 and it seems to be working now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft