Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 03:08
    Barry Fogarty

No node tree visible after installing 4.5.2

I have installed a clean copy of Umbraco 4.5.2 on to a XP Pro (IIS 5.1) machine.  Everything seems to go fine, I installed it to wwwroot, set permissions, installed the DB etc.  When I go to the CMS homepage however, no nodes are shown in the content pane, not even the root content node.  It's the same story for all the other sections (Settings, Developer etc) - no nodes appear in the left pane no matter what section is selected.  It's not a browser thing.

This was using the web platform installer, so I tried completely removing everything including the DB and installing again from codeplex.  Same problem.  There are no JS errors on the page, nothing relevant in the event log.  The only strange entry in the UmbracoLog table states "CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '4.5.2',''"

I'm supposed to have a clean install of 4.5.2 ready for my Umbraco course tomorrow, hopefully somebody can shed some light.  Is it to do with XP Pro perhaps?  Never seen this issue using Win7 or Vista.

Dec 01, 2010 @ 03:36
    Barry Fogarty

OK not sure if this is a fix but installing runway while setting up the site seems to sort it out.  Very strange..

Dec 01, 2010 @ 12:13
    Barry Fogarty

No-one else has ever seen this issue?  Would be good to get to the bottom of it as I don't always want to install Runway when starting a new site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft