Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandro 45 posts 118 karma points c-trib
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 09:43
    Sandro

Error 404 after migrating to IIS 7.5 caused by directory URLs

Hi everyone,

I migrated an old site (Umbraco 3.0.6) to a new server with IIS 7.5. Everything works fine, but not the umbraco generated links when umbracoUseDirectoryUrlsis set to true.

Did I oversee a difference between IIS 6 and IIS 7.5 in case of url rewriting?

• Eduardo 106 posts 130 karma points
    Dec 04, 2010 @ 18:59
    Eduardo

Hi Sandro,

I had had the same problem but I solved it by republishing all the nodes within my tree.

Can you tell me more about what happens( screens for example)?

HTH

Sincere regards,
    Eduardo

Dec 07, 2010 @ 08:37
    Sandro

I already tried that. It doesn't solve the issue. Umbraco displays directory URL Links in the "Properties" Tab. Also the links, generated by the navigation XSLT do work. But on my newer sites, i can strip or add the .aspx at the URL as much as I like. It always displays the page I expect.

So I have now umbracoUseDirectoryUrls set to true.

In the backend, umbraco displays the Link to the sitemap page like this:

http://www.expamle.com/sitemap

which is correct. But I recieve a 404 if I click on the Link. If I manually add .aspx at the end of the URL, it works properly. Thats what makes me think, it should be a problem of UrlRewriting.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 00:53
    Tim

It sounds like you need to set up a wildcard map to the aspnet_isapi.dll in IIS so that folder requests are sent through to .Net. This page: http://www.enterpriseframework.com/post/2010/01/12/IIS-7-Add-MVC-Wild-Card-Script-Map.aspx explains how to add a wildcard map (the tutorial is for MVC, but it'll work for umbraco extensionless URLs as well).

Hope that helps!

:)

Dec 08, 2010 @ 14:32
    Sandro

That was it. I hope there won't be sideeffects :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft