Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terje Syversen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 18:18
    Terje Syversen

First web. Problem.

I'm new user to the Umbraco-enviroment and have experienced problems to get a very simple web-site on localhost up and going. One page three panels.

I use Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1, Umbraco 4.5.2 og IIS 7. All this is installed with MS Web Platform Installer.

When i try to "run debugging (F5)" i get the error:

Error 48   Could not create type 'umbraco.webservices.media.mediaService'. 

When i attempt to "view in browser" i get this error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Content controls have to be top-level controls in a content page or a nested master page that references a master page.]

System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)n+8836686

System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +54

System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +15

System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +4

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean

includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

Anyone who can point me in the right direction to get this up and running?

Best regards,

Terje

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 19:14
    Rich Green

Hi Terje,

You have two issues here as far as I can tell.

With regards to the site not building in Visual Studio you can have a read of this thread here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/11675-umbracowebservicesdocumentsdocumentService-error?p=0

With regards to the 'content controls must be top-level controls' this means there's something wrong with your Master template setup.

Maybe post the code from your Master pages so we can help?

Rich

• Terje Syversen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 19:59
    Terje Syversen

Hi Rich,

Reading the mentioned thread i found that i miss this "umbraco.webservice.dll" in my bin-folder. Where can i find this? I attempt to download source-code but that only gave what i already have.  As you probably guess i'm very new to this enviroment, so i'm very thankful for every bit of help i can get to be inspired.

Regards, Terje

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft