Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Worrall 57 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 15:41
    Michael Worrall

Error when moving site to production server

Hi,

This is my 1st Umbraco site so please bear with me for asking questions that have probabaly been asked before.

I've built my site and tested it on my dev server iis 7.5, and am now wanting to move it to ii6 Win2003 R2 x64 for production.  I seem to have everything configured as suggested I've set permissions for Network Service and IUSR_<machinename>.  I'm able to login to Umbraco - so my db connection is clearly working etc...  However when i click on a content node, (such as the site homepage) I get the following error.  It wont let me publish any of the pages either.

All suggestions are welcome!

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +257
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +933
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +92
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
    System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +198
    System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80
    umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1425
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

• Anthony Dang 1404 posts 2558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 16:31
    Anthony Dang

This could be a lot of things.

Does this crash occur only on particular pages? If so, it may be a doc type which is referencing a datatype that may be missing a missing dll.

Do you have any .net macros? It could be that a macro's ascx file or dll is missing.

• Michael Worrall 57 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 08, 2010 @ 10:30
    Michael Worrall

I've sorted it thanks!  Turns out that either some of the files I uploaded to prod server were either corrupt or missing - so I uploaded everything again and it works fine!

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft