Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frantisek Bolf 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 23:25
    Frantisek Bolf

Umbraco reinstall on a hosting environment

Hi Guys,
    I have a question. How can I reinstall Umbraco on a hosting environment without loosing any of data like media files and all published nodes on website? I'm using umbraco version 4.0.3.

Thank you in advance.

• Thomas Stock 40 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 11, 2010 @ 15:45
    Thomas Stock

What exactly do you want to reinstall? What is broken?

Dec 11, 2010 @ 18:49
    Frantisek Bolf

I have a problem with a publishing BlogPosts on my website. When I wrote a new post and publish it nothing gonna happend on website and "Link to document" is empty. After look at umbraco.config file I find out that his date update is modified but file is inside without change. This problem ocurred when I moved Umbraco from one hosting environment to another. Maybe there is a problem with a permissions, but why a date of umbraco.config file is changed?

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 11:05
    overflew

Have you tried 'Republish entire site' from the root content node? This seems to be a magic fix for a number of issues.

As for switching servers, I believe it's the /media directory + /App_Data/access.xml that can't be re-generated from the DB.

If you're able to move the DB, that keeps things easy. If you export all content & re-import it, you may have to do some re-alignment of node IDs, depending on how it goes... (I've had mixed results...)

Dec 12, 2010 @ 14:46
    Frantisek Bolf

Yes, I have tried 'Republish entire site' but without effect.

There is one thing that helps (touching web.config file). When I touch web.config file and publish BlogPost, then everything seems to be working well. The node is even saved into umbraco.config file. But I can publish only one node. If I want to publish another one nothing saved to umbraco.config file and I have to touch web.config file again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft