Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Pollock 27 posts 102 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:44
    Jamie Pollock

4.0.3 release code

Hey folks,

A bit of an odd request, we've inherited an umbraco website running on 4.0.3. It has a lot of bespoke code so it won't run from a straight copy to local.

Unfortunately due to time restraints it isn't viable to upgrade to a later version of umbraco. I need to work on adding a new feature into the site and was hoping anyone knew if a release of 4.0.3 is available at all on codeplex? I'm aware it's not in the downloads (oldest version is 4.0.4.2)

Ideally I'd want to upgrade it and in the long run that is the plan but right now it's not been sanctioned as a way forward.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:56
    Aaron Powell

Without digging through the TFS change sets until you find the right one (even then I'm not sure it was tagged) you'd be better off upgrading to 4.0.4.2. That has the change set tagged against it.

But get in quick, we're currently in the process of migrating to Mercurial (http://umbraco.org/follow-us/blog-archive/2010/12/8/heads-up-umbraco-sourcecode-at-codeplex-to-switch-to-mercurial) and once that's done it'll be a lot harder to find the 4.0.3 release code.

• Jamie Pollock 27 posts 102 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:59
    Jamie Pollock

Yea, I spent 20 minutes last night wading through changesets and couldn't find anything. I was hoping someone might know the changeset but I understand a lot has happened this 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.2. I'm pushing to get an upgrade really but I apprieciate the direction you're suggesting.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 22:03
    Aaron Powell

Not really, I am pretty sure 4.0.4.2 was mostly bug fixes, that's why it was a service release.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft