Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 25, 2010 @ 20:41
    Kim Andersen

Error when going to the frontend after installing 4.6 Juno BETA with SQL CE 4.0 as database

Hi there folks, and merry Christmas!

I have just tried installing the BETA version of Umbraco 4.6 Juno. I wanted to try out the installation using SQL CE 4.0 as the database, as I think this is pretty handy when delevoping small sites. My installation was successful, and I could install a starter kit and a skin.

I choose to installt the Basic starter Kit, and there where no problem logging into the back office.

But when I go to the frontend of the site I'm gettig a YSOD saying:

SQL Server Compact does not support calls to HasRows property if the underlying cursor is not scrollable.

Detaljer om undtagelse: System.InvalidOperationException: SQL Server Compact does not support calls to HasRows property if the underlying cursor is not scrollable.

Kildefejl:

Der blev oprettet en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet,  under kørsel af den aktuelle webanmodning. Du kan finde oplysninger om undtagelsens oprindelse og placering ved hjælp af nedenstående staksporing af undtagelser.

Staksporing:

[InvalidOperationException: SQL Server Compact does not support calls to HasRows property if the underlying cursor is not scrollable.]
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.get_HasRows() +338
    SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeDataReaderHelper.get_HasRecords() +86
    umbraco.macro..ctor(Int32 id) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\f90b8294889fbe14\umbraco\presentation\macro.cs:184
    umbraco.macro.ReturnFromAlias(String alias) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\f90b8294889fbe14\umbraco\presentation\macro.cs:264
    umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Macro.CreateChildControls() in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\f90b8294889fbe14\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\templateControls\Macro.cs:120
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
    umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Macro.OnInit(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\f90b8294889fbe14\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\templateControls\Macro.cs:85
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +421
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1954

Versionsoplysninger: Microsoft .NET Framework version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET version:4.0.30319.1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running on my localhost, IIS6 and .NET 4.0.

Have anyone else seen this error, or does anyone know how I can fix this? I know it's still a BETA, so I'm not going to use this for any customers yet, but I just can't see a BETA release of Umbraco without playing around with it - a lot of you probably feel the same way :)

Thanks in advance!

/Kim A

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 26, 2010 @ 00:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

I think this might be a bug in the code. I've been googling the error and found posts like this one where it seems to be some conditional check that is missing maybe? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/csharplanguage/thread/86400fbd-b842-4012-9480-be2f55a789b4

Found a couple of others post with this error, where it seems to be code related. Don't know how to apply a fix though.

/Jan

Dec 26, 2010 @ 01:16
    Kim Andersen

Hey

Yeah, I found that post as well, by googling the error message, but like you, I have no clue about how I apply the fix to my Umbraco install.

I think I'll give this post some time, to see if anyone else has some ideas. If no one seems to know how to fix this in here, I'll create an issue on Codeplex for this. But I do know that it's a BETA, so maybe this is already on the to-do list for the RC or the final version.

/Kim A

Dec 27, 2010 @ 11:24
    Kim Andersen

I've just found this workitem on Codeplex created by Lee Kelleher: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29781

Looks like it's the same problem, even though I dont get the error in the backend.

But I still would like to hear if anyone have found a solution :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft